- Q: How do you prevent my cards from being lost or damaged?
A: Personalingo does not touch any Anki content it did not itself create and will never overwrite your existing backups.
- Q: My cards contain sensitive information. How do you protect my privacy? A: Users of Personalingo are anonymous, which means that the contents of your Anki collection cannot be linked to you. Additionally, your collections are encrypted when not in use to prevent unauthorized access.
- Q: Why do you need my AnkiWeb username and password?
A: Personalingo uses your AnkiWeb account to sync your decks so that you can personalize your stories. This is required because AnkiWeb does not allow web browsers to access the service. It is planned to have a mobile app that syncs your collection to your device.
- Q: How do you protect my AnkiWeb username and password?
A: Personalingo stores your login information encrypted in your browser's local storage and nowhere else. They are sent to us using TLS encryption when you log in or sync your collections, and wiped as soon as syncing is complete. Personalingo cannot access your AnkiWeb data when you are not logged in and using the app.
- Q: Why do you care so much about security and privacy?
A: Personalingo is developed by a security researcher having nearly a decade of academic and industrial experience in secure computing. It comes as habit.
We value your privacy and aim to be transparent about our data practices. Here's a simple breakdown of how we handle your data:
No Personal or Sensitive Information: Our app doesn't collect, transmit, process, or store any personally identifiable or sensitive information about you. That's a promise.
Language Learning Data: We do store language learning content, which includes the vocabulary you use. Why? This helps us improve the generation model, making your learning experience even better.
No Third-Party Sharing Without Your Permission: We believe in your right to control your data. That means we won't send your data to any third-party unless you give us a clear "yes." Generating reading passages requires sending words from your selected decks to OpenAI.
- Access: At any time, you can request access to the data we have about you.
- Deletion: If you want us to delete your data, just let us know, and we'll do it.
- Correction: Found an error in your data? Tell us, and we'll correct it.
Changes to this Policy: Occasionally, we might make changes to this policy. When that happens, we'll make sure to let you know in the app or through other means.
Questions? If you have questions or concerns about this policy or your data, reach out to us at [email protected].